Waxing is an effective method of removing large amounts of unwanted hair at one time. The hair is removed from the root and takes between 2 to 4 weeks to grow back.
- Waxing is quick
- Hair takes 2 to 4 weeks to grow back
- It debilitates and reduces hair growth over time
- Waxing pulls the hair against hair growth, this can cause hair breakage and deform the follicle. When the new hair grows, because the follicle has been deformed it tends to get ingrown.
- The wax used for waxing is made with resins derived from petroleum. These chemical products tend to irritate sensitive skin.
- Wax sticks to everything including live cells and can peel the skin.
- Wax is used hot and can burn the skin.
For a similar, and much superior alternative we recommend you to try Sugaring which uses a paste made of sugar, lemon and water. This paste is applied at body temperature and the hair is removed in the direction of growth. Sugaring is so gentle on the skin that can be used on varicose veins, eczema, psoriasis and sensitive skin.