Skin Nexus offers Pigmentation treatments using Elos technology that combine Photo Rejuvenation IPL and Thermo Rejuvenation. Our machines use a series of gentle pulsed light flashes and radio frequency to treat brown spots, red spots, age spots and freckles.
Pigmentation is the result of sun damage in our skin and most of it occurs during our childhood and adolescence. However, it is in our 30s and 40s that they become more pronounced. Elos IPL can reverse the damage by targeting the pigmented areas and destroying them during a course of treatments.
The pigmented areas initially become darker and slowly fade during the following days.
Elos IPL pigmentation treatments penetrate deep into your skin targeting the melanin in your spots and freckles and destroying it with heat. It is a non-invasive, non-ablative method for treating sun damaged skin and doesn’t need any recovery time. The treatments are quick and you can return to work right away.
The treatment is painless though some discomfort may be felt in certain areas. A cooling gel is applied to protect the surrounding skin and help guide the light. Our machines also have advanced cooling technology to keep the surface of the skin cool.
After the treatment the pigment will turn dark (like a dark brown freckle) and a light scab over the next two days. This indicates that the pigment has been treated. Within one or two weeks the scab will slough off. Do not pick at the scab. Deeper pigment will then move to the surface and can be treated again.
It is very important to protect your skin from the sun a few weeks prior and after treatment.
How many Elos IPL treatments are required?
The number of treatments will vary depending on the individual needs.
Possible side effects of Elos IPL Pigmentation Treatments
It is normal to experience some temporary redness of the skin and some mild swelling soon after each pigmentation treatment. These symptoms should disappear in a couple of days.
Darkening and scabbing of the pigment is a desired effect.
Exposure to the sun must be avoided before and after treatment.
Most people will tolerate IPL with minimal discomfort, but on sensitive areas an ice pack or cooling cream can be applied. You can immediately return to normal activities.
A cosmeceutical skin care program is also recommended. One containing high levels of active ingredients such as vitamin A, C and E and peptides will help you maintain a youthful appearance and reduce the effects of the sun.
How to prepare the skin for treatment:
- Avoid any sun exposure and solariums for 6 weeks before treatment. Use a good sunscreen every day on the area to be treated, and make sure you reapply it as required
- Do not use Retin-A two weeks before treatment
- Avoid hot showers, saunas, spas, and activities that cause sweating for at least 24 hours
- Do not swim in chlorinated pools for 1 or 2 days
- Do not pick or scratch
- Apply soothing gel as recommended 2 times a day
- Use a cool compress or ice pack should the skin feel hot
- Use a gentle cleanser and cool water for a few days
- Do not use a scrub for at least 1 week after treatment
- Do not wax or shave the area for at least 3 days
- Use a gentle moisturizer or skin care as recommended
- Always use sunscreen SPF30+ no matter what the weather is and wear a wide brimmed hat when in the sun.
*50% discount of regular prices. We’ll maintain these prices for up to 6 treatments. Not valid in conjunction with any other discounts or offers.
Elos IPL Pigmentation Treatment Prices
Men & Women:
|Face & Neck|
|Face, Neck & Décolletage|