Waxing is an effective method of removing large amounts of unwanted hair at one time. The hair is removed from the root and takes between 2 to 4 weeks to grow back. If this is your first or second waxing some hair may grow back within a week because not all hair grows at the same time.
The hair should be between 1/4″ to 1/5″ for best results. For coarser hair it must be 1/5″.
Regular waxing will debilitate the hair follicle and hair will grow finer and lighter.
Before your waxing appointment:
- Make sure your hair is the desired length
- Do not take a shower or bath right before the appointment
- Make sure that the area to be waxed is clean
- Recent sunburn, peel, microdermabrasion or laser/ipl treatment
- Rosacea or very sensitive skin
- Psoriasis or eczema
- Taking blood thinning medication, oral acne medication or cortisone
- Taking drugs for autoimmune diseases
- Taking steroids
- Recent surgery
- Recent laser or IPL treatment
- Large varicose veins
- Using peeling agents
- Using Hydroquinone
- Avoid activities that cause heavy perspiration for 24-48 hours
- If it is your first waxing you can expect to have temporary redness and skin irritation for 1 or 2 days.
- Avoid sun exposure for a few days or use SPF30 sunscreen because your skin will be more prone to sunburn
- Exfoliate your skin 3 days after treatment and regularly once or twice a week to avoid ingrown hairs.